People love to eat and decorate gingerbread cookies during the winter season. Did you know you can make gingerbread cookies that are 100% Paleo? The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the only nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong, and energetic. Research in biology, biochemistry, Ophthalmology, Dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility.
Read More Here: https://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/
These cookies are soft, chewy, and great to have during the winter season as well as anytime of the year, especially for those who like ginger. They are a healthy cookie that you can eat and still enjoy the gingerbread fun. You can also add some paleo frosting to them and decorate them like you would with any other gingerbread cookie. With this soft dough, you can not only make ordinary cookie shapes, you can also shape them into any shape you like. You could make a star or a traditional gingerbread man. Follow this recipe to make chewy Paleo gingerbread cookies.
- 1 egg PLUS
- 1 egg-yolk
- 2/3 cup smooth almond butter stirred prior to adding
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil solid but softened
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Extra coconut sugar for sprinkling – optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk (or use an electric mixer to combine) the egg, egg yolk, almond butter and coconut oil until smooth. Add the molasses, coconut sugar, and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients until fully combined – the dough will be sticky. Chill dough in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until it thickens and can be easily scooped.
- Use a cookie scoop or rounded spoon to scoop the dough in heaping tbsps. on the parchment paper, then gently flatten and sprinkle with coconut sugar if desired or form them into fun shapes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until tops crack, don’t over bake – cookies will become firmer and chewier as they cool. Cool completely on wire racks and enjoy!
This recipe is the perfect recipe to have during the winter season. It’s a healthy replacement for ordinary gingerbread cookies that people love to eat during the winter. Not only are these soft and chewy cookies perfect for those on a Paleo diet, they are also good for those who are looking for a gingerbread cookie to eat. Try this recipe and share the cookies with others.
Inspired by: http://bit.ly/2CsBGmv