Valentine’s day, a day of love where you express and share your love with loved ones. A day where there are symbols of hearts and the share of chocolates. Win over your loved one’s heart by making them some chocolate chip cupcakes topped with a chocolate heart.
You can make the frosting and chocolate hearts any color you want to make them Valentines themed. You can make the frosting and hearts red, pink, purple, or any other color you choose. I used purple for these cupcakes for an event we were doing where the theme color was purple, but you can use any color your heart desires.
For this recipe, you’ll need a vanilla cupcake recipe, which is provided below, cupcake liners of your choice, vanilla frosting (either pre-colored to a certain color or white to dye a certain color), food coloring (if dyeing the frosting), heart shaped chocolate molds, melting chocolates (color of your choice), double boiling pans, a piping bag and star tip, cooling racks, and an oven to bake them in.
If you want to make something sweet for Valentine’s day, then a cupcake with chocolate inside of it and chocolate on top of it is the perfect dessert to make. Follow the recipe below to make chocolate chip Valentine’s day cupcakes.
- 1 cup (4oz) applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Turn oven on to 375 degrees F.
- Put applesauce and sugar in mixer and beat well. Add 2 eggs. Mix well. Add: vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until mixed. Add chocolate chips and stir completely. Pour batter into each baking cup, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Should produce 24 cupcakes.
For Chocolate Hearts:
- Put water in the bottom half of the double boiling pan until the bottom of the second pan touches the water when pan is placed inside. Place pans on stove and turn heat on high. Place colored melting chocolate in the pan and turn heat down to medium heat once water starts to boil. Stir chocolate occasionally and let it heat until completely melted.
- Grab heart shaped chocolate molds and pour chocolate in the molds until heart shape is complete.
- Place mold in freezer for about 5-10 minutes or until hearts are completely frozen.
- Grab colored frosting or vanilla frosting and dye vanilla frosting the color you have chosen.
- Place frosting in a piping bag, cut a small slit so there is a small opening for the frosting to come out and place star tip over the top of the bag.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes at a 90-degree angle to create a cool design and cover cupcakes completely.
- Take chocolate hearts out of the freezer (if frozen completely), take out of mold, and place chocolate hearts on top of frosted cupcakes, in the middle of the cupcakes, like pictured below.
Give your loved one a delicious, chocolatey sweet on Valentine’s day. Food is one way to win over someone’s heart as well as chocolate for many chocolate lovers. Make the cupcakes festive with Valentine’s day colors and give them to a loved one to enjoy.
Inspired by: http://bit.ly/2kpQrdY