Looking for a cute cupcake to make during the winter season? How about cupcakes shaped like snowmen? It’s a fluffy and moist cupcake covered in white frosting, coconut, marshmallows and candy to look like snowmen. Even if you don’t like coconut or have an allergy to coconut, you can make these without the coconut and still have a cute and fun snowman.
After you make the cupcakes, for which the recipe is listed below, you’ll need the following to decorate: 1 container of white frosting, 22 standard marshmallows, 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut, 44 large black gumdrops, mini orange candy-coated chocolate pieces (mini M&M’S), mini semisweet chocolate chips, round green gummy candies, red pull-apart licorice twist, a knife, cupcake pans, red cupcake cups, wire rack, and an oven.
- 1 cup (4oz) applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Pour in applesauce and sugar and beat well. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Add: vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until it is thick and creamy and pour into each red baking cup, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes completely, so the whole cupcake is covered in frosting. Place 1 marshmallow on each cupcake for head, arrange slightly off center. Lightly press coconut into frosting around marshmallow.
- For each hat, press 1 gumdrop on countertop or between hands to flatten into 2-inch circle. Attach second gumdrop to center of flattened gumdrop with small dab of frosting.
- Cut chocolate pieces in half with a sharp knife. Decorate snowmen with chocolate chips for eyes, chocolate pieces for noses and gummy candies for buttons, attaching with frosting. Separate licorice twists into 2-string pieces; cut into 6-to-8-inch lengths and tie around bottom of marshmallows to create scarves. Attach hats to tops of marshmallows with frosting.
These cupcakes are the perfect cupcakes to make during the holiday season. Who doesn’t like snowman, especially snowman that you can eat? These cupcakes are fun for everyone and will get people smiling and be amazed by how cool they look. During the winter season, share some snowman cupcakes with family members, friends, or coworkers to spread the holiday cheer.
Inspired by: http://bit.ly/2kpQrdY and “The Cupcake Bible”