It’s summer time! The time of the year for s’mores, parties, and good times with family and friends. If you love s’mores and you love banana pudding, then this is the perfect recipe for you. This recipe is also good for anytime of the year when you want some s’mores mixed with some pudding. A mix of chocolate, banana pudding, graham crackers, and marshmallows all combined as one. It doesn’t get any better than that. It’s s’mores you can eat with a spoon!
This recipe is not allergy-friendly and is definitely one I can’t eat without substituting some ingredients, so I provided some alternatives so everyone can enjoy. I apologize if I missed some allergies, but please substitute any ingredients you can’t eat with ingredients you can. This is a dessert you wouldn’t want to miss out on. Follow the recipe below to make S’mores Banana Pudding, one that you can easily make allergy-friendly and fun for anyone to enjoy.
- 1 1/3 c. whole milk or Lactaid/ dairy-free milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix or allergy friendly pudding
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk or Lactaid/ dairy-free milk
- 3 c. heavy cream or Lactaid/dairy-free heavy cream
- 1 c. marshmallow fluff, microwaved for 10 seconds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. crushed graham crackers, plus quartered graham crackers for garnish (Annie’s graham crackers or gluten-free graham crackers)
- 4 bananas, sliced into coins
- 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped or Enjoy Life Chocolate
- Make pudding: In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps, and refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
- Make whipped cream: In another large bowl, combine heavy cream, marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cover the bottom of a three-quart trifle dish with a couple handfuls of crushed graham crackers. Top with one-third of the pudding, followed by a layer of banana slices. Add half of the whipped cream. Cover with marshmallows, chocolate bars and more graham crackers —you may want to also stand some graham crackers up vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish.
- Repeat layering process once more, ending with a final layer of whipped cream sprinkled with marshmallows, chocolate bars and graham crackers. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
This recipe is a dessert that says it all in its name. S’more banana pudding; the fun of chocolate, marshmallows, graham crackers, and banana pudding put together. For your next party or gathering, make some of this pudding to share with others and it will be the biggest hit of the night.
Inspired by: http://bit.ly/2oAHxiY