Last weekend, I introduced my friends to 7 Courses of Beef and Fish at Anh Hong, a Vietnamese restaurant located in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. With beef and fish served 7 different ways, this is a unique Vietnamese food experience that is sure to be fun and delicious. Each 7 courses menu can feed 2-3 people for a set price.
Course #1: fish (left) and beef (right) sauteed in vinegar
- Sauteed beef or fish in vinegar, served with DIY spring roll ingredients (rice paper, fresh veggies, and vermicelli)
- Sauteed beef or fish in butter, served with DIY spring roll ingredients
- Beef or fish chilled salad/cole slaw
- Skewed pate beef & onions or skewed fish cakes
- Beef or fish cakes wrapped in grape leaves
- Giant meatball or fried fish ball, served with round shrimp chips
- Beef or fish congee (rice porridge)
Courses #3-6: beef or fish salad (right), skewed beef or fish cakes, meatball and fish cake with round shrimp chips (left and center),
Both menus are good, but I prefer the fish version. I definitely appreciate the use of fish with no bones. The sliced beef in courses 1-4 is the same rare eye round meat that’s served in pho (noodle soup). Everything was well marinated and decent portion; spring roll ingredients were fresh. The meal was filling and very affordable too.
If you’re looking for a fun food experience with your group of friends, definitely visit Anh Hong for 7 courses of beef and/or fish!