If you love cannoli’s and you love cheesecake then this is the perfect dessert for you. It’s a cheesecake with your favorite cannoli ingredients on top. It’s a quick and easy recipe that only takes about 15 minutes to make and there is no need for an oven. You do however, have to let it freeze for 3 hours, so you can’t eat it right away. Perfect for celebrations, parties, and events, or great to have when you are in the mode for cheesecake or a cannoli. Like anything frozen, you have to let it thaw before cutting into and enjoying, so let the cheesecake thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.
Give a cannoli lover a cannoli they can eat in cheesecake form. Follow the recipe below to make a No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake. It’s two great flavors we enjoy in one delicious dessert and once you make it, you’ll want to make it again!
- 2 8-oz. bars cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. ricotta
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 store-bought graham cracker crust
- 1 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 c. crushed cannoli shells, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add heavy cream and beat until fluffy, then add ricotta and powdered sugar and beat until fluffy. Stir in lemon zest, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon, then fold in 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer to graham cracker crust.
- Top with remaining mini chocolate chips and crushed cannoli shells. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Let soften 15 minutes before serving, then slice. Keep in the freezer or fridge.
You’ll sure make a cannoli fan and cheesecake fan happy when you show up to their door with a whole cake full of cannoli and cheesecake fun. Share with others a cheesecake with chocolate chips and cannoli shells. This dessert is a good way to put a smile on everyone’s faces.
Inspired by: http://bit.ly/2kNkPkb