Looking for an easy but incredible treat that the whole family can enjoy? Look no farther than these sweet and savory Raspberry Tarts. A recipe straight from my Grandmothers own personal baking tin full of her own recipes. A tin that has been passed down through my family and cares my grandmother’s memory and legacy. A woman who was always baking and always taking orders for her holiday treats, making sure that she always put some off to the side so that someone could take them home for leftovers. Growing up with two parents working full-time jobs I spent a lot of time helping my grandmother bake and I know first-hand how much care she put into each one of these recipes.
- 3 Cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsps. almond extract
- 1 small jar of raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and butter. Mix by hand. Add beaten eggs and almond extract and mix
- Spread all but a handful of the mixture on an ungreased cookie sheet, pressing down to spread. Top with Raspberry Jam. Sprinkle small pieces of the remaining mixture on top of the jam.
- Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
These delicious tarts are sure to make you the hit of your next family, work, or social gathering. But these tarts are not only a great dessert for any family function, but they are also a quick and easy breakfast solution for those early mornings on the go. These easy to make tarts are sure to become your next family favorite recipe, whether it’s for breakfast or for any gathering.