Yesterday was the AFC Championship Game. Being from Boston, I knew the Patriots were in it, but I didn’t even know what team we were playing until I sat down to watch the game. I watched the game the way I watch most sports games, cheering when the people around me cheer and pretending like I know why.
Despite my complete lack of knowledge when it comes to football, I still enjoy watching the games. Why? Because of the food. Any time you watch a football game with friends, there is bound to be endless supplies of delicious food. My friend had a few people over to watch the game, and my contribution to the get together was buffalo chicken mac and cheese. In the past few years, I’ve noticed that a lot of restaurants have been putting an upscale twist to standard mac and cheese by adding other foods to it. I decided to try and replicate the idea by using one of my favorite foods, buffalo chicken. I’m so glad I decided to try it, it came out so well! The creaminess of the mac and cheese and the spiciness of the buffalo chicken worked great together. Here’s the recipe if you want to try it out! The Super Bowl is only 2 weeks away, and if you plan on attending any parties to watch it, this would be a great dish to bring.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 boxes of mac and cheese
- Slices of your favorite kind of cheese
- Cut boneless breasts of chicken into 3 inch by 1 inch pieces.
- Marinate the chicken over night in a bowl of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
- The next morning, cook the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the mac and cheese on the stove. You can use any kind, I used Kraft Original Cheddar
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the oven and cut the chicken into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken together with the mac and cheese and one cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish, then add a layer of your favorite cheese on top. I used White American, but if you want to make it even spicier, you can use Pepper Jack.
- Place the serving dish into the oven for 20 minutes to melt everything together
- Take it out and enjoy!