Enjoy Life https://enjoylifefoods.com is a brand that I found after developing my food sensitivities (my story: https://goo.gl/bmvT2a). They make delicious foods that are allergy-friendly. Their products are free from the eight most common food allergens in the United States, as declared by the FDA – wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. Their products are also certified by the Non-GMO Project; therefore, their foods are safe from GMOs (genetically modified organisms), which are plants or animals created through the gene splicing techniques of biotechnology, and are present in more than 80 percent of packaged products in the average U.S. or Canadian grocery store. Their products also have no artificial anything; it’s all natural.
The products I’ve tried from Enjoy Life are really delicious and I’ve enjoyed each item. I think their name, “Enjoy Life” really fits well for the company as allergy-friendly foods are ones that anyone can enjoy and eat freely. I’ve tried their cookies both hard and soft and liked everyone of them. So far their soft double chocolate brownie cookies are my favorite as I can’t stop eating them. Their cookies, especially chocolate chip, have replaced cookies that I haven’t been able to eat such as Chips Ahoy and any other store bought cookies that are similar to Enjoy Life. What is great about being the only one in my family that has these sensitivities is that I get to keep the cookies to myself, whereas, everyone else has to fight over the other types of cookies that I can’t eat.
I decided to share a recipe from their website that is allergy-friendly and safe for everyone to eat. Their products are really tasty with the ingredients they use. Any ingredient can be replaced by another ingredient that allows a food item to still look and taste the same, if not, better. Below is one of their recipes for Cream Eggless Cookie Sandwiches. They are chocolatey, creamy sandwiches that have the delicious texture of a cookie mixed with the creamy texture of filling. They are not only a good dessert for those with allergies, they are also great for those who are looking for something sweet and rich to eat. You can share them with the whole family.
Makes about 18 sandwiches
|For the filling:
|For the sandwiches:
2 boxes Enjoy Life Foods cookies (we recommend the Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Soft-Baked Double Chocolate Cookies!)
For the coating:
1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
2 1/2 T. allergy-friendly oil (we recommend olive or grapeseed oil)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the brown rice syrup, buttery spread, vanilla extract, and salt. Add the confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating until well mixed. Add milk if the mixture is too dry; it should be thick and stiff, but smooth.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the filling mixture to a small bowl. Add the turmeric and mix until smooth. The mixture should be light yellow in color; you can add additional turmeric if you prefer a darker hue.
- Use about 3/4 of the white filling to dollop on half of the cookies. Divide about a teaspoon of the yellow filling onto each on. Top each with additional white filling. Put a second cookie on top of each one to make a sandwich, then transfer to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To coat the cookies in chocolate, melt the Mini Chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Remove the sandwiches from the freezer. Dip each one into the chocolate, putting it back onto the pan to set. They will firm at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze them to speed the process.
- Serve, storing leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, and any other leftovers to the freezer.
Whether you suffer from an allergy or not, this recipe is perfect for everyone. You can share the sweet with the people around you and make those people who suffer from an allergy really happy. It’s a good dessert to have at a party and let others enjoy. Make this dessert to satisfy everyone’s needs.
Inspired by: Enjoy Life
Find more dessert recipes here: https://enjoylifefoods.com/recipes/desserts/