Chocolate lovers, we have a banana bread for you. It’s a moist banana bread that has the perfect chocolate flavor that doesn’t overpower the banana flavor. If you like banana bread and you like chocolate covered bananas, then this is the perfect bread for you. What better way to start off your morning with a little bit of chocolate mixed with bananas to give you some energy.
Bananas are good for supplying your body the right amount of potassium, fiber, and magnesium it needs. Just one banana contains 467 mg of potassium, which is important for controlling your heart rate and blood pressure. The vitamin B6 in bananas provides about 28% of what you need daily to help prevent anemia and coronary artery disease. Bananas also have a good amount of fiber to keep your digestive system regulated as well as magnesium which helps strengthen your bones and protects your heart.
Chocolate is good for your body as well. It can lower your cholesterol levels, prevent memory decline, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems. Mixing chocolate and bananas can be helpful towards your body.
This bread can not only be good for breakfast, but it can also go great for dessert. Have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you got yourself a different version of a banana split; vanilla ice cream, banana, and chocolate all mixed together as one. It’s no different than having some chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream on the side, but it’s a little healthier with bananas inside the bread. Follow this recipe to making some delicious banana bread that can keep your body healthy.
- 1 cup (4oz) applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, mashed – about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5x3 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the applesauce and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. If you under bake this, the center will sink upon cooling.
- Let bread cool completely before cutting and serving.
When you are craving something chocolatey and sweet, make yourself some chocolate banana bread, a healthy alternative to satisfy your cravings. Not only does it satisfy your cravings, but it also benefits your body giving it the supplements it needs to remain healthy. Feed your body the right amount of nutrients it needs with some chocolate banana bread.