Hi! My name is Jamie and I’m the newest blogger at Boston Bakes!
I am a …
- Boston native – born and raised here, and no Bostonian accent.
- Amateur baker – I don’t have professional baking experience, but I do enjoy baking sweets for my friends, family, and co-workers
- Food nerd – I love photographing, reading/writing about, and of course trying (new) food. I also follow the latest news on restaurants, chefs, food trends, etc.
- Macaron & nutella addict – if you’ve tried either of these before, you’ll understand my addiction. Click here to read about my first time making macarons.
- Travel junkie – I love visiting new places to learn the culture, try the food, and sight-see Though I’ve traveled to most major U.S. cities and six foreign countries (China, Taiwan, France, Egypt, Mexico, Canada), I still have a long travel bucket list to check off.
- Fitness enthusiast – Being active is very important to me; I practice martial arts, rock climb, do yoga, and run. I most recently ran a Susan G. Komen 5K race for the cure for breast cancer.
- Grants manager at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston
- Graduate student in business school
Now that you know a little about me, expect to see a blog post every Friday about my baking endeavors, food interests, and reports on the latest dessert trends.